Corporate Social Responsibility
Kiezebrink works with an active CSR policy. Our important core values are:
Prey from waste flows:
- Not required for production: Day-old chicks and young bucks.
- Used for genetic research: Chickens with feathers.
Sustainable choices in raw materials:
- DK Zoological: Only certified soya, no palm oil, using insects as a source of protein.
- Insects as a source of animal protein in our raw food.
MSC: Selection of different kinds of MSC certified fish, which stands for sustainably-caught fish.
Organic chicks: Chicks from organic mother animals that have more space and are fed a different kind of food that is obtained more sustainably.
- Heat recovery: we use the heat generated by our freezers' engines.
- Solar panels: with 774 solar panels on our buildings, we generate a lot of green energy.
- Smart electricity meters: to monitor our usage and provide insight into areas of improvement.
Transport: By using our own trucks and planning efficiently, we organise our transport in the best way possible.
Sponsor of EAZA: By sponsoring the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria, we support causes such as conservation projects.
Social responsibility: We offer equal opportunities to all our employees and we support employees with a disadvantage in the labour market.
Active sponsorship policy: We take an active role in the sponsoring of events and projects, both of a commercial and a social nature.
Transparency: We are honest and open about the products we sell as to sustainability, animal welfare, and the composition of our products.
Product responsibility: Our nutritionists work with universities and veterinarians to continuously improve our range of responsible products.
View/download the full document here »